Wednesday 21 March 2012

A quick flower update


These daffodils have just appeared from my £5 for 50 Morrisons bulb pack. They are really nice. Kind of pastel lemon yellow petals with a darker lemon yellow centre. Multi-headed. And they are tiny. Only about the size of a 50p. I'm in the process of trying to identify it (what I mean is I've put a pic on the Gardener's Corner forum for the member to identify for me, I will update if anyone gets it. Edit - they're one of the Jonquilla family of daffs - they're very goon on GC).











The other flowers doing really well, apart from the yellow tulips on the post before that are from the same bulb pack, are my pansies that I bought in the autumn. They've flowered all winter, and are putting on a really big flower display at the moment. I confess, I keep forgetting to deadhead the plants, but they are flowering away in spite of that. Very good value in the end. (I nearly fainted at spending around £6 on 6 plants when I bought them. Very unlike me to spend that sort of money on plants.)




I'll do a quick veg update soon. I've got a few young plants, and I've just sown some beans, mangetout and peas, so the veg season is starting again. Brilliant.

No comments:

Post a Comment